Welcome To The Economic Opportunity Foundation, Inc.
Since 1965, EOF has mobilized necessary resources to address the causes and conditions of poverty in Wyandotte County to assist low-income residents to move toward self-sufficiency. Partnering with 45 local agencies, including local churches, United Way and the Duchesne Clinic, EOF brings many needed anti-poverty services to Wyandotte County, including:
- Early Childhood Education offering affordable, quality early development services and other supports to low-income families;
- Emergency Assistance helping families obtain needed supports such as utility and rent assistance, food vouchers and mortgage default counseling, to address emergency situations;
- Employment Services working with unemployed residents on job preparation and placement assistance;
- Case Management Services working with low-income families on self-sufficiency and goal achievement; and
- Surplus Commodity Distribution providing food assistance to low-income elderly and disabled individuals.
Head Start is a pre-school learning experience for children 3 to 5 years old, from income eligible families. It is a family-oriented program designed to provide educational experiences, health services and other opportunities for both children and the families
HOUSING / EMERGENCY SERVICES
The Social Services Division is responsible for the operation of outreach to the community of Wyandotte County and its low-income population. The Centers serve as a central point in the community to seek out resources for emergency services.
EMPLOYMENT SERVICES PROGRAM
Training for ways to seek and obtain jobs, as well as receive and maintain them.
Contact the Employment Services Program at (913) 371-7800 and schedule an appointment to learn of program requirements and potential jobs!