The Economic Opportunity Foundation is a nonprofit private organizations established under the Economic Opportunity Act of 1964 to fight America's War on Poverty. The Economic Opportunity Foundation Inc. help people to help themselves in achieving self-sufficiency.
Since 1965, EOF has mobilized necessary resources to address the causes and conditions of poverty in Wyandotte County to assist low-income residents to move toward self-sufficiency. Partnering with local agencies, including local churches, and United Way to bring many needed anti-poverty services to Wyandotte County, including:
- Emergency Assistance helping families obtain needed supports such as utility and rent assistance, and mortgage default counseling, to address emergency situations;
- Employment Services working with unemployed residents on job preparation and placement assistance;
- Case Management Services working with low-income families on self-sufficiency and goal achievement; and
- Senior Commodity Distribution providing food assistance to low-income elderly and disabled individuals.
- Housing Services working with unemployed/low-income residents who are either Homeless, Needing Housing, Needing Housing Assistance with rent/mortgage assistance or needing help with the everyday needs regarding their housing situation
HOUSING / EMERGENCY SERVICES
The Social Services Program is responsible for the operation of outreach to the community of Wyandotte County, Kansas and its low-income population. The Community Action Center serve as a central point in the community to seek out resources for emergency services.
EMPLOYMENT SERVICES PROGRAM
Job Search Assessment, Counseling, Resume Building, Transportation Assistance, Free Drug Testing, Spanish Language Assistance, Computer Job Search Assistance and more!
Contact the Employment Services Program at (913) 371-7800 and schedule an appointment to learn of program requirements and potential jobs!
There are currently no images in this slideshow.